We are pleased to announce our new commissioned service – The Exchange, starting 22nd August 2022.
The Exchange specialises in providing psychological support to children [5-12 years] and their families. Our therapeutic interventions focus on helping children develop the psychological resources that they need to strengthen their resilience. We work collaboratively with school staff and parents by identifying ways that they can help and the resources needed to achieve this.
How can we help?
- Anxiety/ worries
- Change and transition
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Emotional regulation
- Friendship struggles
- Family issues such as parental separation & relationship struggles
How does it work?
- We have a team of experienced practitioners who specialise in supporting the mental health of primary school children.
- We deliver the support in school.
- We use a resilience based assessment to identify areas of strengths and vulnerabilities
- We create bespoke programmes to target the individual needs of each child which are fun and engaging – see PDF
- We provide group programmes for common themes – see our Programme Guide for more information
- We measure progress and make recommendations for ongoing healthy psychological development
School staff will identify P1-P7 pupils who may need further support with their Mental Health & Wellbeing and to aid their emotional resilience. Permission will be sought from the parent or carer and the support will be delivered either in groups or via one-to-one with the practitioner, up to eight sessions. Please see the PDF and video, or click on the website for further information.